PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The good, the bad

About two weeks after Addy was decannulated, Chuck lost his job. This was major since he carried Addy's insurance, not to mention the loss of income. Luckily, my former employer allowed me to come back as a temp. I didn't want to go. I am not ready to me away from Addy yet. I did enjoy the social interaction, but my heart was at home with Addy. About 2 weeks after I went back to work, Chuck received a really good offer from an IT Consulting firm. He is beyond happy with his new gig and we are happy for him. The good news is that Addy now has long term care, which makes no sense, but I will take it! My semester is over. I got 3 A's and a B. I am pretty satisified. Hopefully in the next few weeks, I will apply to the nursing program. I am pretty stoked.

The kids are out of school and we have adjusted to being a trachless family again. Her equipment is in the garage with the exception of her pulse-ox. We are still using it at her ENT's request, but hope to stop using it by the time she sees him again next month. Addy is talking a little. She calls the dog "Da" and babbles a bit. I am working on getting her into speech therapy. She flunked her last swallow study, but I think we did it too soon after her decannulation.

No comments: